✌ Good Elmers strive to..
- Vote! This makes the best stories float to the top or stay relevant longer.
- Adhere to the same standards of behavior that you follow in real life.
- Use proper grammar and spelling. A high standard in discourse maintains the quality of discussion. u kno?
- Submit stories that are factual and opinion free (unless it's an /t/editorial).
- Submit links to persistent URLs when possible, not temporary pages that might disappear.
- Browse the newest submissions and vote on them, it helps them perculate through ranking.
- Double check submissions for mistakes before submitting. Though you can edit mistakes later.
- Don't be afraid to comment we welcome people at all levels, and technically
no question is stupid.
- Don't downvote because of opinion! You don't want an echo chamber do you? Reply if anything.
- Questions belong in /t/?, but First Google It maybe twice. Learning requires research and self disipline.
- If you learn something, share references for other lurking noobs in/t/educational.
- Use a valid callsign. We will purge accounts with invalid callsigns or extremely expired callsigns.
🚫 Do not..
- Engage in illegal activity.
- Be a shill for advertising, not ok. Self promotion is allowed, but we reserve the right to remove for any reason.
- Post anyone else's personal information, or post links to personal information. If it's public data, let people Google
- Repost deleted/removed information Resist the urge to repost it. It doesn't matter what the content was. If it was deleted/removed, it should stay deleted/removed.
- Argue with moderators, they have the final say.
⚖ No Lids Allowed
- No Personal attacks, threats, hate speech or discriminatory remarks.
- Just don't be a d_ck. Mods will remove posts, comments and issue bans if we feel its a problem.
- Don't Insult others. Insults piss people off. Healthy criticisms, make for a healthier dicussion.
- Never Be (intentionally) rude at all. Keep it classy to keep quality discourse.
- Our goal is a fair and positive discussion for everyone, but we can't please everyone 100% of the time.